Monday, December 25, 2006

Reponse to 'Anon' Comment

In response to nyabg's 'anon' comment on The Best of Times, The Worst of Times.

...i couldn't leave your 2 brothers home alone... Man, I would have said they're coming with! ;-)
It wasn't a big deal. I knew I had hours before Shelby would arrive, so why disrupt the whole household. It would have made everything so complicated.

And you'd never had unrelievable pain in your life before? wow! You just went straight for the biggest imaginable pain.
Uh, yeah, cause it pretty much was.

Did you ever wonder (i'm sure you must have) what Sid must've been thinking seein 'Mommy' in pain and acting strange? Did he ever comment or you explain to him?
I did wonder. I looked at him through the sideview mirror. He was watching me. I don't think I explained in detail but I'm pretty sure I told him my stomach was hurting cause the baby was coming.

Again, lol at the image of you, 'wheeling' youself into the hospital and then nurses asking you to sign things! Glad i live up here! Then all i'd have to do, is hand over my health card (if that).
We have health cards here too. And, as a matter of fact, they had me on file from the last time I was there giving birth to Sid. But I still had to resign waivers and stuff like that.

So i guess you're all healed now?
When you made this comment I'm sure I was healed by then, but there's no doubt that I'm all healed now!

And I'd like to hear about your hospital roomies too. How long did you stay?
My roomies, yeah, they were special. I had the bed by the window which was fine by me. (It seems so long ago now, I should have remembered to respond sooner cause now I hardly remember anything!) I do remember that my roomies came and took over the rest of the room. The curtains were up between our beds but that was about it. That meant that everytime I had to use the bathroom I had to walk in front of them (and whoever happened to be visiting) cause they didn't close the curtain at the foot of their bed. They also didn't close the curtain on the other side of their bed where the sink was, so everytime I came out of the bathroom to wash my hands I was again in their 'area'. They weren't considerate that way. Also, the husband stayed very late at night - as late as he could hide from security. I was glad when the nurse who checked on the lady went and told security he was in there and they told him to leave. When you're in a semi-private room you're supposed to consider the privacy and feelings of your roommate. They didn't. They were trying to get a private room but they were all full so each day they were supposed to leave they couldn't. One time I heard the lady say they may as well stay cause it wasn't so bad staying with me! Of course it wasn't bad staying with me cause I was the one staying with them!! Anyway, I liked being in the hospital and being waited on, but the inconsiderate roommates were trying. I had Shelby Monday morning and I was out by Wednesday midday.

No comments: